Setting Up a Board for Paid Advertising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting Up a Board for Paid Advertising

I would like to set up a board just for advertisers which would allow them text and images (we have images disabled on our boards)

What we will likely do is set up a Parent forum and then Child forums within for the various product categories we plan to make available.

We plan to approach it in this fashion:

With moderator overseeing the board...
    1- a)advertiser submits ad to mod for approval and posting
    or b) advertiser clicks on New Thread and places own ad with image and submits the post. Thread then goes into moderation queue for approval by mods
    2- mod of board verifies payment has been made and ad meets specifications then approves post

My question is what can I do to change the look of the board so it appears more like an ad display than a list of posts and replies? I think we could do without the Author column as well as some of the other things that are more discussion board directed. I'd like to have more of an empty page look with just our header and then a Product Category Title at the top, followed by the individual ad posts without the buttons at the bottom for Profile, PM, and so on.

I'd also like to do away with the Forum Rules box at the bottom left and the New Thread and Post Reply buttons too but how would the mod (or advertiser) be able to post an ad without the New Thread button to click to open the Post New Thread window?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Eat Your Veggies

this would require you making a seperate style set, and then designated it to that specific forum.
    "Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did."
    - Mark Twain

Comment

I suspected as much. Thanks!

Where would I get how-to help or a tutorial for designing a style set?
      Eat Your Veggies

Comment

right here. The "vBulletin Graphics and Styles" forum is very informative. Run a search for any question you might have. I can almos guarantee it's probably been asked.

Good luck
        "Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did."
        - Mark Twain

Comment

Even a search for 'Where do I start" ?

Thanks for the guidance!
          Eat Your Veggies

Comment

Working...
          X