No announcement yet.

How do I remove ignored user's threads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I remove ignored user's threads?

In forumdisplay, if a user is ignored, the thread that they created is still displayed. I already removed the posbit_ignoreduser from the threads, but I was wondering if this was something that could be done in a template or had to be a hack.

Is the question too confusing? Or does no one know how to do this? Apparently it was done on our site before and the upgrade to 2.2.6 screwed it up and I don't remember changing anything.

Comment

The behavior is normal, if I get what you're saying:

1. Ignore a user
      2. Go to forumdisplay
      3. Still see their thread

I just tested it out on this thread (I ignored you temporarily) and your thread was still visible but not your actual posts. I believe there's a way to hide thread completely via the template system, investigating now...
      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

I figured it was by design that way, but yes, I would like a way to remove the user's thread from forumdisplay. I could not locate anything in the templates, but would prefer that over a hack if possible.

Comment

I just perused the templates and searched these forums too and I don't think it's possible this way (with vB3's conditional templates it might be).

After searching vB.org I didn't find anything either...I can't believe this hasn't been done before! You can post a request at http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/forum...p?s=&forumid=8
          --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
          Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
          vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

The problem was that it WAS done before. :-\ I just don't remember doing it. I can hack it in, I was just looking for the quick fix.

Comment

I do believe this requires hacking.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Was it ever built in? I don't remember hacking it before (though I might have) BTW, thanks for the help

Comment

It's always worked this way, at least since ever since 2.0 beta3.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
                  X