Backup Troubles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup Troubles...

Whenever I try to backup my database (using the save locally and download backup) I get a 500 Internal Server error. Backup worked for a while, then I lost the ability to download the backup, and now I lost the ability to backup my database completely. Any ideas?

ftp into your site, then create a folder called tmp in the root of your forums

then CHMOD it to 777

then goto your admincp and click Save File instead of do backup

that will generate your backup on your server

after that just goto your ftp, download the .sql file, and then delete the file off your server

-Dimava
    NXSupport Admin

Comment

Didnt work

Comment

in that case, CHMOD you root forums folder to 777 and try again
        NXSupport Admin

Comment

A 500 error usually indicates a CGI script error. Is PHP running as a CGI module on your system?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes it is... but backup has worked before, is there a fix to this?

Comment

You need to follow your host's instructions on modifyuing PHP scripts to get them to work as CGI. Then edit backup.php accordingly.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

My host says they aren't running in CGI PHP anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by GaleForce
                  My host says they aren't running in CGI PHP anymore.
                  If that were the case then your shouldn't be getting any 500 Internal Server errors.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Alright, I'll see whats up with them... I sort of made that assumption. They told me there was no need for me to add the path at the top, so I just assumed they didn't use it anymore. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                    X