Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jedi
    replied
    That folder I just rename it to prevent any one who try to use it to prune the messages..

You gave me the link and I tested rigth away. And was like.. "oh lord.."

Thanks Smachol.

Jedi

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Someone must have access to your server then. The Mod CP was definitely there a few mintues ago. I suggest you contact your host immediately! Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• jedi
    replied
    shame on me. I did not know that.

omg, and I have just lost about 500 more posts. same board. it's like empty now with 18 threads.

And now the /mod/ folder is not there anymore, does that make sure no prunes can be made without leaving traces?

thank you for your speedy replies, Smacho.

Jedi
    Last edited by jedi; Tue 1 Oct '02, 11:37am.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    The Mod CP has always been there:

http://www.petrusky-lehongphong.org/forums/mod/

I also see that you are running an older version of vB. You really should upgrade to 2.2.8 to take advantage of manu bug and security fixes.

Leave a comment:

• jedi
    replied
    SuperModerators have a Control Panel for themselves? and it's different from the CP i use? and it allows them to MASS PRUNE? oh no..

gosh, I didn't know that. Please tell me that it's not true.

Jedi

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    If an Admin or Moderator removed these with the Mass Prune function in the Mod CP, then there would be no record of it. I can't think of any way this would happen spontaneously. I believe these were almost certainly removed either by accident or on prupose.

Leave a comment:

• jedi
    replied
    and please.. if I am being hacked, what steps should I do to prevent future loss??

Jedi

Leave a comment:

• jedi
    started a topic post lost!

post lost!

Today i lost more than 4000 posts, all by a sudden. And they happened to be all posts from 1 specific board (i hope).

I've checked the control panel for accessing to thread.php (which I believe the only script that allows mass pruning) but there's no log from my admins that did so. And they are 2 persons that I can trust just just like myself.

I've check the database using phpMyAdmin and see the loss also (so the counter of vB counted correctly..)

now.. what I am gonna do?

Jedi