post lost!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post lost!

Today i lost more than 4000 posts, all by a sudden. And they happened to be all posts from 1 specific board (i hope).

I've checked the control panel for accessing to thread.php (which I believe the only script that allows mass pruning) but there's no log from my admins that did so. And they are 2 persons that I can trust just just like myself.

I've check the database using phpMyAdmin and see the loss also (so the counter of vB counted correctly..)

now.. what I am gonna do?

Jedi

and please.. if I am being hacked, what steps should I do to prevent future loss??

Jedi

Comment

If an Admin or Moderator removed these with the Mass Prune function in the Mod CP, then there would be no record of it. I can't think of any way this would happen spontaneously. I believe these were almost certainly removed either by accident or on prupose.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

SuperModerators have a Control Panel for themselves? and it's different from the CP i use? and it allows them to MASS PRUNE? oh no..

gosh, I didn't know that. Please tell me that it's not true.

Jedi

Comment

The Mod CP has always been there:

http://www.petrusky-lehongphong.org/forums/mod/

I also see that you are running an older version of vB. You really should upgrade to 2.2.8 to take advantage of manu bug and security fixes.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

shame on me. I did not know that.

omg, and I have just lost about 500 more posts. same board. it's like empty now with 18 threads.

And now the /mod/ folder is not there anymore, does that make sure no prunes can be made without leaving traces?

thank you for your speedy replies, Smacho.

Jedi
            Last edited by jedi; Tue 1 Oct '02, 10:37am.

Comment

Someone must have access to your server then. The Mod CP was definitely there a few mintues ago. I suggest you contact your host immediately! Good luck!

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

That folder I just rename it to prevent any one who try to use it to prune the messages..

You gave me the link and I tested rigth away. And was like.. "oh lord.."

Thanks Smachol.

Jedi

Comment