Attach .gif for a Word doc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attach .gif for a Word doc

I have added .doc as a file extension in my Admin CP. Where do I upload the .gif image in the control panel? I can't seem to find that section.

Also, I have posted a Word document in a thread, but the document won't open when users click on it. Is there a place where I have to turn something else on for this to happen? The document does attach to my post, I just can't open it without the Windows Installer launching.

Thanks for any and all help.

just upload the image via ftp to your forum/images/attach directory. name it doc.gif.

when a user clicks on the link it is up to the browser how the file is handled. there isn't much you can do there.

Comment

I have the .gif taken care of - thanks.

Why does the Word document open as a blank document when someone tries to download it? Shouldn't it open just like it would if someone sent an attachment in an email?
      Last edited by Bruce Brown; Tue 1 Oct '02, 6:32am.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Brown
        Why does the Word document open as a blank document when someone tries to download it? Shouldn't it open just like it would if someone sent an attachment in an email?
        that is handled by the browser. there is nothing you can do to make it open "correctly."

Comment