Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I make a Public Viewable Topic that only mods can post to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I make a Public Viewable Topic that only mods can post to?

Is it possible to make a topic that can be read and viewed by all, but only posted to by moderators?

Thanks,
    Brandon

you can make a forum like that, not a single topic.

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Permissions

Comment

well, in theory you could. But it would have to be a closed thread. So you create a new thread, or a mod of that forum does, close the topic, then everyone can see it, but only admins, super mod's, and mod's in that forum could reply to it.
      -Draco
      The Digital Sector Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Lorddraco98
        well, in theory you could. But it would have to be a closed thread.
        duh. of course. only admins and mods can reply to closed threads.

Comment

I wanted to make a style only available to admins (me), so I put "Not selectable" on the properties and then put the style on my profile in the Admin CP and it still wouldn't work because it was "not selectable".

Comment

That's right. The only way to view a non-selectable style is to assign it to a private forum that only you can view. You won't be able to see what it's like on the forum home page, but at least you'll get an idea of how it looks.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
            X