Changing avatar in admin/edit user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing avatar in admin/edit user

I'm having an isolated cookie issue and am wondering where I should look to see if I can't fix it...
    When I am logged into the admin cp and try to edit a users avatar, I get as far as making the change and clicking 'submit modification' (or even the 'go' by the 'per page #') and the next page that pops up is the "You are either not a valid administrator or have not logged in...
    I can't change anyones avatar as the admin at the moment. What could be causing this? I'm upgraded to 2.2.8 and everything else seems to be working great by the way

do you only have 1 vB installed on a domain or more than 1 vB installed on the same domain ?

1. log out of all your vb forums from the 3 possible instances for each vB forum

3 instances being

http://yourdomain.com/member.php?s=&action=logout
    http://www.yourdomain.com/member.php?s=&action=logout
    http://youripaddress/member.php?s=&action=logout

do that for each of your vB forums installed

2. if using Internet explorer, go to options and delete and empty your temp and cache files
    3. now close all browser windows
    4. go to windows\cookies folder

and delete manually all cookies with your forum's domain name, and/or ip addresses labelled

5. now log back in to each vB
    6. if that doesn't work redo the above step 1 to 5 but this time set yourself to browse using sessions first
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Hmmm still no luck...I just tried most of what you suggested. I do only have one vB on my domain so that's not the problem.
      I'm using Netscape and sometimes use IE (all upgraded to the latest version for MacOSX)
      So I didn't find a windows folder for IE, but did go deep into my Mozilla folder and delete cache files and deleted from the cookie.txt
      I cleared all cookies with each browser and dumped the cache files and memory.
      There must be something I'm missing. I'll keep digging around.
      Thanks for your suggestions

Comment

Eva- I've noticed that 2 cookies for bbadminon are added to the stored cookies when I login. One with it as the domain (.mysite.com) and one with it as the host (www.mysite.com) everything else is the same for both. Is this normal?

Update: It works now! One of the things you listed for me to do must have fixed it. I just can't tell which thing it was after all that

Thank you!
        Last edited by Littlebit; Sat 28 Sep '02, 12:11am.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlebit
          Eva- I've noticed that 2 cookies for bbadminon are added to the stored cookies when I login. One with it as the domain (.mysite.com) and one with it as the host (www.mysite.com) everything else is the same for both. Is this normal?

Update: It works now! One of the things you listed for me to do must have fixed it. I just can't tell which thing it was after all that

Thank you!
          yes you will get 3 possible cookies if you ever logged in via www.yourdomain.com, yourdomain.com and ipaddress hence my suggestion to log out via the 3 urls and close all your browser windows after
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Thank you again

Comment

you're welcome

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X