Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong password message for new users!

hey,
    theres a problem im having at my forum (www.raptism.com/forums) in which members sign up and can post just after they sign up, but once they try to login after they have logged out it gives them the worng password text, yet every time the password has been correct!

if anyone knows how i can fix this problem it would be appreciated!

thanks!

First, could you please restore the vBulletin/Jelsoft copyright to your footer template? Right now you are in violation of the license agreement. At a minimum the copyright must read:

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2002, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

When did this problem start happening? I notice you have installed some hacks to your board. Does the same problem happen if when you uninstall your hacks?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

hey,
      alright, just adding that to the footer, ive seen many other board take that out so i thought it was a correct move.

but anyways, im in the procces of uninstalling...does this have sumthing to do with register.php or member.php? or sumthing different again?

Comment

Originally posted by ITALY!
        hey,
        alright, just adding that to the footer, ive seen many other board take that out so i thought it was a correct move.

but anyways, im in the procces of uninstalling...does this have sumthing to do with register.php or member.php? or sumthing different again?
        you've seen many other boards with the copyright removed?? that is illegal hehe...
        -Draco
        The Digital Sector Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Lorddraco98
          you've seen many other boards with the copyright removed?? that is illegal hehe...
          no, a portion of it was removed..steve didnt mention i had the first part there.

Comment

do you think it could be a query i have run on the user table?

Comment

alright, ive unistalled all the hacks since this started happeing...but nothings changed

at the moment ive disallowed registration and they will have to email me there details to register, but please if some can help....if you need access to the admin CP, or anyhting....please ask (vb staff only will get access to the cp - ive already been rolled by a non VB staf member)
              thanks!

Comment

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP and FTP. Make sure you are running the original vB files. If you've reinstalled the hacks, please remove them prior to submitting your support request.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

would i just be wise to upgrade to 2.2.8? because that would just whipe all the hacks and i can start over right?

thanks!

Comment

Yes, it's a good idea to upgrade first then see if this fixes the problem. If not, fill out a support ticket.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                    X