How do I restrict user for accessing particular forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I restrict user for accessing particular forum

Is there a way I can restrict a user from posting in a particular forum? How do I do this?
    Last edited by grace819; Wed 25th Sep '02, 8:14pm.

The only way to do this would be to create a new User Group with the appropriate forum permissions and move them to this group.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      The only way to do this would be to create a new User Group with the appropriate forum permissions and move them to this group.
      Steve, what I have in mind is like a forum that is sort of like a premium service and everyone can browse the forum but if you want to post, then you'll need to be a premium member. Is this possible?

Comment

Like Steve said, create a new usergroup, then in forum permission, set the permission appropriate for the registered usergroup (view only) as well as for the premium usergroup (view and post). I'm fairly sure you can do this without a hack.

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin
          Like Steve said...
          Yeah, like Steve said.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X