Importing database problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing database problem

I'm up to step three at http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html My database is already created, my sql file is in a directory, and I'm logged in. I issue the command "-uforum -p password < /home/sites/site3/web/backup/vbulletin.sql" and get the following error: "bash: -uforums: command not found" Any have an idea about this?

How about

mysql -uusername -p -D dbname < /path/to/dbfile.sql
    AlphaOmegaHosting.Com
    http://www.alphaomegahosting.com

Comment

You shouldn't need the -D, but as dan pointed out you forgot the prefix mysql.
      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

That worked, but now I got an error, Database forums running on localhost
        PMA Database ... not OK[ Documentation ]
        General relation features Disabled

Know what this might be?

Comment

What's the exact command you're using? It should be:

Code:
          mysql -uforum -p newdatabasename < /home/sites/site3/web/backup/vbulletin.sql
          After the -p, you should not enter your password; it will ask for it when you press Enter.

Also was this backup created via SSH/Telnet or phpMyAdmin/the vB admin CP?
          Last edited by filburt1; Wed 25th Sep '02, 6:14pm.

Comment

I was using the mysql, I just copied it wronmg out of notepad into here. His command worked and the database is up, it's just showing that one error though, which I have no clue about. The backup was done via the vBulletin CP.

Comment

So the forums are working?

The reason I asked about where the backup was made is because PHP-based backups (a la vB admin CP and phpMyAdmin) get extremely unreliable the greater the database size). Over even 15 MB, you should use Telnet/SSH to do it to avoid PHP timeout issues.

Comment

It got the full database, 50 megs and imported back to 32.1, which is the same size phpMyAdmin reported on the other server so I think it got everything, but now has the PMA Database ... not OK error.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X