moving databases without telnet?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving databases without telnet?!

I have tried everything and I can't get my forums moved from one server to another. I don't have telnet access so that is out. I do have phpmyadmin, but everytime I do what the thread on here says to do it comes up with an error and my boards aren't even accessable. Help! I've been at this all day and I would like to get something accomplished!

Ask your host(s) to backup and restore the forums for you. It's the least they can do for denying you a basic tool like telnet/ssh.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

So your saying that there is nothing I can do.

Comment

You can try doing it table by table with phpMyAdmin but since I've never used that myself I don't know what instructions to give you.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Who's your host? A lot of hosts don't offer Telnet because it's insecure, however, most hosts do offer SSH.

Comment

Powweb. It was a snap decision. I was hosting my site off of my computer but decided to pay for hosting this year. Anyways.. I got it fixed and it's all now. Thanks for your help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X