Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!

Look: http://www.forums.thegaminguniverse.net/

I came back from work and suddenly I found out my forums are totally screwed up because NONE of the replacements are working. They are there but do just display as they are like {whatever} instead of actually replacing it.

Is this a vBulletin bug or something or could it be my host?

If you made no changes to your vB or vB files, then it's most a server issue. Perhaps they upgraded PHP and it broke something.

Upload the phpinfo.php file from the 'extras' directory of the zip file to your forums directory. Then post the URL here. This will help us troubleshoot the problem.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

http://www.forums.thegaminguniverse.net/phpinfo.php

Comment

Uhm, could it have to do with my root directory having chmod 2765? I believe it was 755 first. Uhm and I did not change it to that as I cannot do that.

Comment

Well it's not PHP. In fact you are running a very old version of PHP. At the very minimum I'd ask your host to upgrade PHP to 4.1.2.

Try setting your images directory to 775 and see if that helps.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Uh, it says"PHP Version 4.1.2".

Comment

I swear it was PHP 4.0.3p1 when I first looked at it. Strange!

Did you check your images directory permissions?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Uh they were busy upgrading stuff I guess including PHP. Apparently that took all day. I checked the host's site but saw no mention of an upgrade.

The forums are displaying correctly now. Just incase I will email my host.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  I swear it was PHP 4.0.3p1 when I first looked at it. Strange!

Did you check your images directory permissions?
                  i saw that too steve, not just you hehe
                  -Draco
                  The Digital Sector Forums

Comment

I guess that must have been all day until a few minutes ago. I also got a few database error messages. I guess it started to happen just as I went to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorddraco98
                      i saw that too steve, not just you hehe
                      Whew! I've staved off senility for another day!

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                        Whew! I've staved off senility for another day!
                        just for a day though

Jim, did your host not send you anything via e-mail or something about the upgrades?? That's not good if they didn;t
                        -Draco

Comment

Uh they replied and said they never upgraded (php). Someone please explain me how it can change then. I'm probably gonna look for another host anyway although that will most likely mean having to pay more as the current one is pretty cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Jim
                            Uh they replied and said they never upgraded (php). Someone please explain me how it can change then. I'm probably gonna look for another host anyway although that will most likely mean having to pay more as the current one is pretty cheap.
                            well, you are using version 4.1.2, because as far as I know, phpinfo() does not lie hehe. I really don't see why they would lie to you about that, but I would agree with searching for a new host
                            -Draco

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X