Annoying db error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying db error

On the 23rd and 22nd of this month at around midnight EST the forum hasn't been fully working due to the following mysql error:

-------------------
    Database error in vBulletin :

cannot use database vbdforum
    mysql error: Commands out of sync; You can't run this command now

mysql error number: 2014

Date: Tuesday 24th of September 2002 04:19:23 PM
    Script: /
    Referer:
    -------------------

A.2.12 Commands out of sync Error in Client

If you get Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now in your client code, you are calling client functions in the wrong order!

This can happen, for example, if you are using mysql_use_result() and try to execute a new query before you have called mysql_free_result(). It can also happen if you try to execute two queries that return data without a mysql_use_result() or mysql_store_result() in between.
    - http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Commands_out_of_sync.html

The problem just re-occured again. I have been shutting the boards restarting mysql and running the repair script. When i reopen the boards things seem to work fine but only for about 24 hours.

I have searched this site for the same error and it doesn't seem to be a common one. I don't want to fill a support ticket as I am already waiting on one to be answered.

BTW, my board is hack-free.
    Tony Rieker | Founder of PBNation.com - one of the LARGEST vBulletin forums on the net!

5:30 EST happened again.

Anyone? This is extremely annoying. Nothing like sitting down at the computer to find a thousand emails waiting. Not to mention the fact that the board doesnt work. heh
    Tony Rieker | Founder of PBNation.com - one of the LARGEST vBulletin forums on the net!

Comment

read somewhere on the php bugs list its to do with mysql_pconnect

do you have

$usepconnect = 1;

in your config.php change to $usepconnect = 0;
      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I'll give it a try.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X