Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.2.8 install.php doesnt work

Ok heres the score,

I spent 3 days hacking my board to bits using 2.2.7 and finaly got it up and running on the net this morning and when I logged onto the forum admin to find that 2.2.8 was out.

So I decided WTF I may as well throw all those hours away and install 2.2.8 from scratch and start again.

I go to install it and I get sweet FA as it comes up with the following error.

Resetting database...succeeded

Creating table access

Altering access table

Creating table admin log

Creating table admin util

There seems to have been a slight problem with the bad php coding on the install script.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser or alternativley shoot a vb.com admin .

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists if they ever answer.

We apologise for any inconvenience HA HA HA HA HA HA.

To say I am a little upset is to say the least as this is yet ANOTHER so called bug fix that seems to have bugs.

Can someone sort it please so that I can spend another 3 days behined a PC screen.

HM
    Last edited by HairyMonster; Tue 24 Sep '02, 12:56pm.

OK I finaly did it by upgrading from a new install of 2.2.7 but that aint a step forwards is it.

Anyone care to comment or loan me thier woman even ?

HM

Comment

i know will sort it in cvs.
      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

okay I got the same error as well while trying to install a vb 2.2.8 test board. Um can a developer please look into this. I dont think it will be reasonable to install vb 2.2.7 then upgrade to 2.2.8, thanks

Comment

its been updated as has the zip.
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

okay thanks no one made an annoucement saying it was update so I tryed my zip file from earlier, i'll go re download now, lol

Comment

it was updated a couple of minutes ago thats why
              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I have always been a fast guy

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X