Upgraded to 2.2.8 cleared and reset my user passwords? HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded to 2.2.8 cleared and reset my user passwords? HELP

I went ahead and installed 2.2.8 from 2.2.7 and all of my users passowrds including mine were reset.

But they were all reset to blanks....

IE:

[QUOTE]Here are your login details for the bulletin board at http://www.hr3rdgen.org/forum/ .

Username = Dars91 383 TPI
    Password =

Don't forget that they are case sensitive!

To edit your profile, go to this page:
    http://www.hr3rdgen.org/forum/member...on=editprofile

Yours,
    HR3rdGen team
    QUOTE]

This is the kinda email I'm getting for every user, I gave myself a password and I can log in, but when I recive an email it come back to me like this

Here are your login details for the bulletin board at http://www.hr3rdgen.org/forum/ .

Username = PennylessZ28
    Password =

Yours,
    HR3rdGen team
    EMPTY! And I'm worried this is going to cause a serious problem for my memebers?

Whats wrong with the passwords? Any thoughts, how can I fix this bug?

HELP, last when I upgraded last time from 2.2.3 to 2.2.6 it reset that past words and that made me lose some members!

HURRY!

you need to revert your lostpassword template to default because passwords since very early 2.2.x releases have been MD5 encrypted and no longer show when you request lost passwords instead they are reset and a new password is sent to the users
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

re-reading when do you get this email ? when you request lost passwords ?
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Alright thanks for quick reply, but I've had to request password, it hasn't sent any out.

Not to be slow, but I dug through my templates and don't see an lostpassword template.

So I'm still unsure about this

Comment

It's in the Email Templates - email_lostpw
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

IT IS DEFUALT!!!!

Comment

Are you getting any email when you use the lost password link? If so, what does the email say?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Here are your login details for the bulletin board at http://www.hr3rdgen.org/forum/ .

Username = PennylessZ28
                Password =

Yours,
                HR3rdGen team
                Theres what it says! The PW field is blank!

Comment

reset passwords?

Hi, i have the same problem here.
                  Could it have anything to do with the right PHP version???

Comment

GReat, my members are having a cow, thats 36 e-mails so fair in my inbox that all read about the same.....

I went to the HR3rdGen site, and I wasn't logged on like I usually am. So I put in my username and password to login, but the system said my password wasn't right. So I had it email my password to me. The email said that I didn't have a password, so I tried using no password on the site, and it still won't let me log in. What's going on? Why can't I log in?

So anyone have any ideas? Anyone else having this problem? Wiush I didn't upgrade now.... sigh

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKey.net
                      Theres what it says! The PW field is blank!
                      That is definitely the default email_lostpw template. It should look like this:

Hello,

You have requested to reset your password on $bbtitle forums because you have forgotten your password. If you did not request this, please ignore it. It will expire and become useless in 24 hours time.

To reset your password, please visit the following page:
                      $bburl/member.php?a=pwd&u=$user[userid]&i=$user[activationid]

When you visit that page, your password will be reset, and the new password will be emailed to you.

Your username is: $user[username]

$bburl/member.php?action=editprofile

Yours,
                      $bbtitle team
                      It looks like you didn't upload the vbulletin.style file from 2.2.7 when you upgraded. Try this. Upload the vbulletin.style file from the zip file to your admin directory. Then use the Styles Download/Upload function to 'Import existing style set'. Choose 'No, create a new style', then click on 'Import File'.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

thats great, but now I dont' have acess to my board anymore

I'm locked out too, with the rest of my users!

And doing that didn't solve my problem it made it worse, now I get blank emails!

Comment

I can't see how this would happen if you followed the instructions.

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP and FTP

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Lucky for me I know a trick or too, I already redid some passwords for a few accounts manually so I used getadmin.php to make one of my members an admin for the moment to correct my tempary problem, I'll tackle this issue again and get back to ya.
                            Last edited by MikeKey.net; Tue 24 Sep '02, 12:41pm.

Comment

HAHAHA

HELL YA, I jumped the gun last time, by coping the style via ftp and then reseting my pw like an idoit.

Thanks, sorry for the sarciasm.

LOOKIE

Hello,

As you requested, your password has now been reset. Your new details are as follows:

Username: PennylessZ28
                              Password: 16116549

To change your password, please visit this page:
                              http://www.hr3rdgen.org/forum/member...n=editpassword

Regards,
                              HR3rdGen Team
                              Just the way it should be

Comment