setup forum so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setup forum so

setup a forum so they are visible on the main index page listing all of the forums but only certain usergroups can enter the forum. i would like to setup a member usergroup so only people in this group can actually view and take part in the forum. so basically a members forum but i want it so all members can see the forum listed on the home page

any suggestions? i have seen other sites setup with this option

customize your forum-level group permissions in your Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Permissions. specifically, the "can view forum" permission for each group.

then

Admin CP -> Options -> vBulletin Options -> [Forum Homepage Options] -> Hide Private forums -> No

that should do it.

Comment

is there a way to have the loggin - nopermission screen to pop put when someone tries to enter the member forums. like it if registered user group tries to enter the member forums.

Comment

Originally posted by mark58
        is there a way to have the loggin - nopermission screen to pop put when someone tries to enter the member forums. like it if registered user group tries to enter the member forums.
        that's exactly what will happen

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X