No announcement yet.

Dump of database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So installing the database will re-chmod the files such as images or php files?

Comment

No, restoring the database will not 're-chmod' the files. Generally you do not have to do anything specil with chmod but if you run into any problems then just duplicate the permissions you had on your old server.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Should I download re-upload hidden files on the old server?

Comment

What files? There are no hidden files in vB.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

When ftping I had the filter on that shows all hidden files, thought I saw a few. Might be wrong though.

Comment

Also, would anyone know how to re-upload and install the dump in phpmyadmin? I think I got a full backup out of vbulletin and am using 2.2.2 of phpMyAdmin, and need to get it installed on the new server.

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000

check the 'Structure and data' check box and tick the 'Save as file' option and then hit the GO button, you'll be prompted to download a *.sql file which contains a backup of your database data and table structure.

Hi eva, Im trying to do this but I just want to make sure I'm doing it right.

Im running phpMyAdmin 2.2.0 and there isn't a "save as file" option anywhere that I can see where you listed.

The options I have are:
                Add drop table
                Complete inserts
                Extended inserts
                Use backquotes with tables and fields names
                Send (with gzipped as another checkbox within send)

I don't see Save As anywhere. What should I do?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Visionray
                  Hi eva, Im trying to do this but I just want to make sure I'm doing it right.

Im running phpMyAdmin 2.2.0 and there isn't a "save as file" option anywhere that I can see where you listed.

The options I have are:
                  Add drop table
                  Complete inserts
                  Extended inserts
                  Use backquotes with tables and fields names
                  Send (with gzipped as another checkbox within send)

I don't see Save As anywhere. What should I do?

Thanks.
                  anyone know?

Comment

anyone know?
                    Eva, you still there?

Comment

Maybe you should upgrade your phpMyAdmin. It's in my version - 2.3.2.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Eva, you still there?
                        what version of phpmyadmin you're using ?
                        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
                          what version of phpmyadmin you're using ?
                          He's running 2.2.0.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X