Some Hackers stole my bulletin board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Hackers stole my bulletin board

I'm running Vbulletin version2.2.5 and the upgrads of 2.2.6. Some Hackers logged in my admin controle panle and stole the Bulletin board. They changed the admin name and password and stoped the whole forum.
    After a while they returnd every thing as it was, and gave it back to me.
    I don't know how did they do this. Even I changed the password and put another password from the controle panle using the web protection of my server controle panle.
    please help me to know how can I stop these hackers.
    How can these hackers loged in my admin controle panle?
    How can I protect my forum from another attacks
    Please help

buggers

I aint gonna be of any help but welcome to the club hon. They have taken my vb board out 4 times in total that way. My hosting company had to get me in one of the times.

I aint sure how they do it, I would be interested to know if anyone does know how we can stop it.

Love and hugs
    Vicky
    xx

Comment

Many things could have caused this:

1. You used a similar name and pw on a site that also has a forum who doesn't implement the hashing of passwords.
      2. They hacked in from your server instead of going through VB.
      3. You shared your info with someone else
      4. your pw could have be found easily through a dictionary attack.
      5. Your pw is less than 6 characters.

Check your logs to see where tehy came from. CHANGE YOUR PW now and double check with your webhost on what kind of security they have.

If you're on a shared server, you're kinda screwed. Just put in a .htaccess file into your Admin folder to be sure that even on a shared server, they dont have access to it.
      There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

7. You never deleted (if you did upload it) getadmin.php
        8. phpmyadmin is unsecured.
        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Youshould also htaccess protect your admin directory.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

10. Change your FTP and CPanel (Ensim, whatever you have) passwords.
            11. Make sure your host is running the latest version of PHP.
            --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
            Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
            vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Thanks to you all.
              I made every thing you said to me.
              But, now I have this problem.
              when I cheaked users group (admin group) there are 3 admins , but when I clicked on list all user I found that there are 2 only shown
              but the 3rd one is invisable.
              how I can solve this problem
              and how it was done ?

Comment

Get PhpMyAdmin and upload it to your server (htaccess the directory its in however) and you can view your Mysql tables to see who it is by seeing what User ID they are then going ot hte user table to find that id.
                There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X