Customer permissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer permissions

I currently have several different private forums. Each forum has a user group attached to it. (i.e. VIP forum is accessed by VIP members, and Mods and Admins)

So, I have a few members who I would like to give access to more than 1 private forum. I see two ways to do this.

1. Create a new user group (Seems wasteful for a few people)

2. Add custom permissions

#2 is where I have problems, when I set custom permissions, it does nothing. It still reverts to the standard permissions of the group.

(i.e. I have a VIP, I want him to have access to the VIP forum and the Visiting Mod forum. I have selected "Yes" for visiting Mod forums, yet it has no effect.)

Any thoughts?

www.dssmax.com

If it's not that many people you can try access masks which will override whatever usergroup permissions are set for that user. Be sure to enable access masks first before setting them up.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Without sounding completely stupid, oops, too late, where would I access the masks? I cannot find them in the Vb Admin section?

Am I blind?

Thanks filburt

Comment

To turn them on: Admin CP > vBulletin Options > Access Masks
        To set them up: edit the user in the admin CP and click Edit Forum Access
        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X