Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing From UBB - Help Needed - ?

Hia Guys,

I run several games sites and have one that has been running UBB. I am now switching it over to VBulletin, for obvious reasons.

Now, I had to move servers recently, due to the fact that the game is nearing publication and usage is going up dramatically. To move the UBB, I had to upgrade and manually move the forum (great fun) Now the UBB is at 6.3.0 and I desperately need to import the UBB to VB. (But have read on these forums that its not possible?)

The game demo will be ready for download in 9 days and the game actually hits stores on 15 - Oct so I have very little time before the forum numbers go up by a factor of 10 or more at least. (currently have around 800 users on the UBB)

Can anyone help or does anyone have any ideas on how I can import the UBB to VB.

Any help or ideas are very very welcome as its both time critical and I need to get all the forum work sorted before things get mega busy.

Regards

Sulla

well currently vB's UBB to vB importer only works with UBB 6.2 and lower... JamesUS on this forum would be the guy to talk to http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/membe...nfo&userid=883 ...
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I upgraded my exisiting VB forum and then got the import scripts, just to check and there is a full import for V 103 of the UBB.

I did the import last night and it was so totally pain free and easy. Hats of to the VB dev team

Sulla

Comment

I swear Infopop only makes new minor releases to screw up other company's importers...

FYI Sulla, there are also unofficial import scripts here for future reference: http://www.vbulletin.org/hacks/index...howcat&catid=8
        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Working...
        X