November Birthdates Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November Birthdates Problem

Hi I seem to be having a little problem with the birthdates.. if someone edits there birthdate or sets it for the first time it seems to set the birthdate to the November 30th 2002.. no matter if you edit it again it stays at 30th November.. I'm running 2.2.3 (not upgrading as it was working before and also alot of hacks inside) with Redhat 7.3 (was going it on 7.2 aswell)

I'll post up all my server details tomorrow.
    But for now just wondering if anyone ran into this, I see someone mentioned it before though search but lead no where.

I believe I recall seeing a problem with November birthdays mentioned in the vB3 development forums. A developer posted that the issue was fixed in vB3. I'm not sure if that problem carries over to vB2 though...

Paul

Comment

Here is my phpinfo
      http://board.performanceforums.com/phpinfo.php

Comment

I'm not aware of this ever being a bug in any 2.2.x version of vB.

There's a few things with your phpinfo that will cause problems for you, although I'm not sure if this is one of them. Most notably you need to set file_uploads on. To do this add this line to php.ini:

file_upload = On
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Here's the thread I was referencing earlier:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=52302

Interestingly enough, the date was November 30th as well. Perhaps they could shed some light on what the issue was.
          Last edited by Paul; Wed 18th Sep '02, 5:23pm.

Comment

Yes that was the tread I was refering too, says it's fixed but no resolution.. wonderful.

Comment

That's the vb3 bug forum and I don't recall what the problem was at the moment.

Comment

Well, the problem hasn't been mentioned before for vB2. Since no one other than Jelsoft is running vB3, providing a resolution for it would be.. well pointless. But with that thread in mind, perhaps a developer could examine what the fix entailed and let you know how to apply it to your installation.

I have not noticed this problem in 2.2.7. That being said, I've not gone and created an account to make sure. None of our users have complained about it though.

Paul

Edit: It appears Freddie beat me to the punch
                Last edited by Paul; Wed 18th Sep '02, 6:29pm.

Comment

On vbulletin.com, there's actually a relatively small number of birthdays on November 30th:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/calen...day=2002-11-30

I'm going to have to assume that this is an issue with either the particular OS your server is running or your version of php. Fill out a support ticket at http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Include your URL, Admin CP username and password, and ftp username and password. I think this issue is something a developer is going to have to log in and look at more closely.

Good luck!
                  Paul

Comment

Well VB Support helped me all the wanted too so I hope some of you guys might have some things to share.

What is basicaly happening is that a user can't change his birthdate though the USER CP but I can change it fine though the admin section. I'm sure it's just a dodgy line of code from a hack or something.. Ask for code and you shall receive. Don't want to rip out all the hacks then upgrade in hoping of fixing it.

Oh btw it's not only November 30th it's stuck on some are stuck one 29th and 31st September..

Here is an SQL Log

100 Init DB pforums
                    100 Query SELECT template FROM template WHERE title='options'
                    100 Query SELECT sessionhash,userid,host,useragent,styleid FROM session WHERE lastactivity>1032849786 AND sessionhash='237bac08794347d7a6f5e850dbce0345' AND host='XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX' AND useragent='Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1;'
                    100 Query SELECT user.*,userfield.* FROM user LEFT JOIN userfield ON userfield.userid=user.userid WHERE user.userid='2'
                    100 Query SELECT templatesetid,replacementsetid,userselect FROM style WHERE styleid='17'
                    100 Query SELECT template,title
                    FROM template
                    WHERE (title IN ('redirect_updatethanks','error_fieldmissing','error_emailmismatch','error_emailtaken','er ror_fieldmissing','error_requiredfieldmissing','error_birthdayfield','gobutton','timezone' ,'username_loggedout','username_loggedin','phpinclude','headinclude','header','footer','fo rumjumpbit','forumjump','nav_linkoff','nav_linkon','navbar','nav_joiner','pagenav','pagena v_curpage','pagenav_firstlink','pagenav_lastlink','pagenav_nextlink','pagenav_pagelink','p agenav_prevlink')
                    AND (templatesetid=-1 OR templatesetid='2'))

ORDER BY templatesetid
                    100 Query SELECT eventdate,subject,eventid FROM calendar_events WHERE eventdate LIKE '2002-09-%' AND
                    ((userid='2' AND public=0) OR (public=1))
                    100 Query SELECT template FROM template WHERE title='small_calendar' AND (templatesetid=-1 OR templatesetid='2') ORDER BY templatesetid DESC LIMIT 1
                    100 Query SELECT * FROM usergroup WHERE usergroupid=5
                    100 Query SELECT smilietext,smiliepath FROM smilie
                    100 Query SELECT profilefieldid,required,title,size,maxlength
                    FROM profilefield
                    WHERE editable = 1
                    100 Query UPDATE user SET birthday='0000-9-31',signature='R154: 3
                    Nick: 0',customtitle='2',usertitle='\"BÝrk! BÝrk! BÝrk!\"',email='[email protected]',parentemail='',coppauser='0',homepage='http://www.performanceforums.com/~nickc',icq='208456',aim='',yahoo='',usergroupid='5' WHERE userid='2'
                    100 Query SELECT username,userid,birthday
                    FROM user
                    WHERE birthday LIKE '%-09-23'
                    OR birthday LIKE '%-09-24'
                    100 Query SELECT template FROM template WHERE title='calendar_showbirthdays' AND (templatesetid=-1 OR templatesetid='2') ORDER BY templatesetid DESC LIMIT 1
                    100 Query UPDATE template
                    SET template='2002-09-23|||2002-09-24||| <a href=\"member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=1369\">agent86</a> (25), <a href=\"member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=877\">gdzook</a> , <a href=\"member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2238\">GET53T</a> (21), <a href=\"member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3348\">showpony626</a> (24), <a href=\"member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=3417\">HER20</a> (24)||| <a href=\"member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=966\">TwinTurboV8</a> (18), <a href=\"member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=2711\">green_rx3</a> (24)'
                    WHERE templatesetid=-2
                    AND title='birthdays'
                    100 Query UPDATE userfield SET userid=2,field1='',field2='Gold Coast',field3='stuff',field4='',field5='1990 Toyota Supra Turbo' WHERE userid=2
                    100 Query SELECT template FROM template WHERE title='standardredirect' AND (templatesetid=-1 OR templatesetid='2') ORDER BY templatesetid DESC LIMIT 1
                    100 Query SELECT findword,replaceword FROM replacement WHERE replacementsetid IN(-1,'16') ORDER BY replacementsetid DESC,replacementid DESC
                    100 Query UPDATE session SET lastactivity=1032850686,location='/forums/member.php' WHERE sessionhash='237bac08794347d7a6f5e850dbce0345'
                    100 Query UPDATE user SET lastactivity=1032850686,inforum='0' WHERE userid='2'
                    100 Quit
                    Last edited by wastegate; Tue 24th Sep '02, 12:07am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X