MySQL dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySQL dump

I'm trying to do the http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html and trying to dump the data back into my database however when I do this I get the following error:

Code:
    ERROR 2005 at line 822: Unknown MySQL Server Host 'rÄÈù?\\WVµÚæíçcÚ¥Ëov<ª' (2)
    this is happening at the attachment table. what i have tried to do is just comment out all the attachments but i get the same error in other tables...

so has anyone run into this problem?

Do you mean you are trying to restore the database? What command did you use to back it up, and what command did you use to restore it?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i used phpmyadmin's dump to dump it into a file..

and yes i'm trying to restore the db

Comment

That's problably your problem. The backup from phpMyAdmin is incomplete and/or corrupted. The only reliable method of backing up and restoring a database is with shell access via telnet or ssh. In otherwords, Step 1 in the link you cited above.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

well crap.. okay thanks..

Comment

question regarding mysql dump, will that move all of my threads, users, avatars, and style settings? what will I have to re-configure on the new server?

thanks

Comment

It will move absolutely every aspect of the forum, including posts, templates, style sets, users, etc.

You just have to upload the actual vBulletin files and images and edit config.php to reflect the new host as described in that linked page (http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html)
              --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
              Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
              vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by nato
                question regarding mysql dump, will that move all of my threads, users, avatars, and style settings? what will I have to re-configure on the new server?

thanks
                yes it will mysqldump and how to restore is explained in detail at http://www.webmasterbase.com/article/678
                :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X