Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spart
    replied
    Nevermind, I got it, I ftp'd them first, then added through the Admin CP and that solved the problem Thanks for the help
    Last edited by Spart; Mon 16 Sep '02, 11:20am.

Leave a comment:

• Spart
    replied
    I changed the path to match that one, chmod'd it, and still get the same error message. It does show something uploaded, but it's a broken image

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Is that a valid directory and is it chmod'd to 777? My guess is that one or more of these answers is no.

Most people create an 'avatars' subdirectory under 'images' then chmod this to 777. Then you would use this as the path:

images/avatars

Leave a comment:

• Spart
    replied
    I'm using /rsadler/tmp

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    And what are you using as the 'Path to save image to'? You need to use a valid directory that has been chmod'd to 777.

Leave a comment:

• Spart
    replied
    It happens from the Admin CP

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Strange. All the info in your phpinfo file indicates you should not have any problem. You don't have safe mode on and there are no open_basedir restrictions.

Does this error happen when you upload avatars from the Admin CP or the User CP?

Leave a comment:

• Spart
    started a topic Avatar Problem

I've read through the previous post about this problem and can't seem to fix the problem from the past replies. When I try to upload avatars I get the following error:

Warning: Unable to create '..//fhfr125.gif': Permission denied in /home/rsadler/forum-www/rsadler/admin/avatar.php on line 39

I made a /tmp directory in /rsadler/tmp and chmod'd it to 777 also. The link below is to my phpinfo if needed

http://64.176.183.171/rsadler/phpinfo.php
Working...
X