Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've read through the previous post about this problem and can't seem to fix the problem from the past replies. When I try to upload avatars I get the following error:

Warning: Unable to create '..//fhfr125.gif': Permission denied in /home/rsadler/forum-www/rsadler/admin/avatar.php on line 39

I made a /tmp directory in /rsadler/tmp and chmod'd it to 777 also. The link below is to my phpinfo if needed

http://64.176.183.171/rsadler/phpinfo.php

Strange. All the info in your phpinfo file indicates you should not have any problem. You don't have safe mode on and there are no open_basedir restrictions.

Does this error happen when you upload avatars from the Admin CP or the User CP?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It happens from the Admin CP

Comment

And what are you using as the 'Path to save image to'? You need to use a valid directory that has been chmod'd to 777.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm using /rsadler/tmp

Comment

Is that a valid directory and is it chmod'd to 777? My guess is that one or more of these answers is no.

Most people create an 'avatars' subdirectory under 'images' then chmod this to 777. Then you would use this as the path:

images/avatars

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I changed the path to match that one, chmod'd it, and still get the same error message. It does show something uploaded, but it's a broken image

Comment

Nevermind, I got it, I ftp'd them first, then added through the Admin CP and that solved the problem Thanks for the help
                Last edited by Spart; Mon 16 Sep '02, 11:20am.

Comment

Working...
                X