temp move of my forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup.. you are right... I keep getting

mysqldump: Got error: 1130: Host 'XXXX.XXXX.XXXXX' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server when trying to connect

any other ideas?

Thanks again...
    -

Comment

If your host doesn't allow remote connections to the database and it doesn't allow telnet or ssh, then I'm afraid you are at their mercy.

You could try backing up the db in the Admin CP. If it's not too large it might work.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

well remember.... php isn't working.. so I can't get to the admin CP.

this is something I find strange... I have phpmysqladmin loaded on the webserver that also has my forum, and it was working fine. -- so I would think the mysqldump command would work too ??

here is the command line I am using.. see if i have it right

%mysqldump --opt -h 209.xxx.xxx.xxx -u XXXX -p XXXXX > /usr/home/XXXXXX/backup.sql

Our web server, and bandwidth is donated, but I'm starting to think we are paying too much for the service we are getting.
        -

Comment

As I said unless you are running mysqldump on the server containing the database then it won't work unless that server allows remote connections.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

well you host could do this for you

by logging into web server and ssh root user into the database server and run the mysqldump command.. of course you need root server access to the database server that's why your host must do this for you
            :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
            :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by svoec

Our web server, and bandwidth is donated, but I'm starting to think we are paying too much for the service we are getting.
              who's your host btw ?
              :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

This will work if you can connect to your remote host.
                This is the syntax used to remotely backup your database.

mysqldump --opt -u(user) --host=00.000.00.000 -u(user) -p(pass) databasename >/home/local/path/whatever.sql

The first user is the database user login to the remote host at the IP given next. Then user,databasepass,database,path...

If you have a host that uses a dedicated SQL server, you have to dump and restore this way. You cannot login to remote hosts to access db's without first specifying who it is logging in to the remote server. At least I sure haven't ever had any luck that way.

Take your db user for your server loggin and try that for the user gaining access to the remote server. In other words, both are the same but need to be specified. Before and after the IP of the server you are logging into.

You were close, but the reason you cannot login at the IP given is that you have to specifiy the user that is logging into the remote host.

You cannot however just login to the remote host with an IP as you are attempting to do. You have to specify the user both before and after the IP loggin or you will be getting the cannot loggin with password yes etc... errors.

Should work, if it doesn't contact your host and tell them that the above command won't let you remotely login to your database like it should.
                Last edited by Hooper; Sun 15 Sep '02, 4:12am.

Comment

well the problem is his mysql user/password has not been given permission my mysql on the remote server to connect from the web server

Comment

That doesn't make sense. The above is the only way I know of that allows for what he is asking. If a host maniputlated it to where the above wouldn't work... It would be down right rude. :P
                    Last edited by Hooper; Sun 15 Sep '02, 4:23am.

Comment

thanks for the help.. but I think my DB is GONE!

I was finally able to telnet into the DB server (with a different account)

mysqldump: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES) when trying to connect
                      -

Comment

Originally posted by svoec
                        thanks for the help.. but I think my DB is GONE!

I was finally able to telnet into the DB server (with a different account)

mysqldump: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES) when trying to connect
                        can't you get help from your web host ?

Comment

I did get a email back from them, saying they would look at it this morning.
                          -

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X