Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuild search index problem

Hello,
    Today I decided to empty the search index an rebuild it from new. Mainly because I changed the minimum search length from 4 characters to 3, and it seems that it needed to be rebuild to notice words of 3 or more characters in the search results.
    I had the bad luck that I lost my connection while it was on about the thread 20,000 (maybe a little more). After I got my connection back, I decided to start over from that number (20,000) until the end. My question is, if is OK to start from where I was left of, or is better to start again from 0? Or is just the same?

Thanks

Re: Rebuild search index problem

Originally posted by pulsorock
    Hello,
    Today I decided to empty the search index an rebuild it from new. Mainly because I changed the minimum search length from 4 characters to 3, and it seems that it needed to be rebuild to notice words of 3 or more characters in the search results.
    I had the bad luck that I lost my connection while it was on about the thread 20,000 (maybe a little more). After I got my connection back, I decided to start over from that number (20,000) until the end. My question is, if is OK to start from where I was left of, or is better to start again from 0? Or is just the same?

Thanks
    should be fine starting from where you left off... personally i start again just to be 100% sure i get everything
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Thanks eva,
      This time, I'll leave it like this... because my users are desperate... the board is been closed all day. I'll do it again from 0 in the next few weeks maybe after midnight... not during the day, that was some of my mistakes.

Anyhow... what I did should not cause any problems, right? My board should work fine... I hope...

Comment

Thanks eva,
        This time, I'll leave it like this... because my users are desperate... the board is been closed all day. I'll do it again from 0 in the next few weeks maybe after midnight... not during the day, that was some of my mistakes.

Anyhow... what I did should not cause any problems, right? My board should work fine... I hope...
        yup should be fine only thing is if you missed a few threads in the index they'd left out of search results
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Ufff.. Thanks

Comment

Ufff.. Thanks
            nps

Comment

Working...
            X