Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parse error for new threads

hey

i've just installed 2.2.7 and after making all my customizations i opened up the forums and i get a parse error whenever i try creating a new thread:

Parse error: parse error in /u/htdocs/dirty-/forums/newthread.php on line 120

so i backed it all up, wiped it and did a clean install, made no changes and tried posting and still get the error

www.dirty-dozen.net/forums
    www.dirty-dozen.net/phpinfo.php

thanks!

edit: the forums may be up or down totally at the moment as i'm still experimenting
    Last edited by statix0; Wed 11 Sep '02, 6:57pm.

Reupload the original newthread.php file from 2.2.7. Make sure you upload in ASCII and overwrite the one on the server. If you still have a problem after that, post the complete error message.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

already tried that....

Comment

Then post the complete error message. A parse error means something is wrong with the file itself.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

that was the whole message....

Comment

i was thinking since it's running php 3.0 i should try installing the .php3 version of vB, tried it and no go...exact same thing

Comment

Originally posted by statix0
              i was thinking since it's running php 3.0
              Sorry I should have looked at your phpinfo first. That's your problem then. You need a minimum of PHP 4.0.4 to run vB.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Re: parse error for new threads

hey

i've just installed 2.2.7 and after making all my customizations i opened up the forums and i get a parse error whenever i try creating a new thread:

Parse error: parse error in /u/htdocs/dirty-/forums/newthread.php on line 120

so i backed it all up, wiped it and did a clean install, made no changes and tried posting and still get the error

www.dirty-dozen.net/forums
                www.dirty-dozen.net/phpinfo.php

thanks!

edit: the forums may be up or down totally at the moment as i'm still experimenting
                as steve said upgrade PHP to at least 4.1.2 as earlier versions all have security bugs and issues as well - from your phpinfo you have php compiled statically so you'd need to reinstall apache as well to upgrade PHP
                :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

okay, i'll see about this stuff.....thanks

Comment

okay, i'll see about this stuff.....thanks
                    you can always get your web host to do the upgrades
                    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

that's what i'm now waiting on them for

Comment

yes php4 fixed it! many thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X