Change Server...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Server...

I want go to a new Server.. my Problem the SQL File is about 180MB and the Browser shows in one minute an Timeout error... so what can i do?

Do you have Telnet or SSH access to your server?

Check out this: http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html

Comment

Re: Change Server...

Originally posted by Kalochero
      I want go to a new Server.. my Problem the SQL File is about 180MB and the Browser shows in one minute an Timeout error... so what can i do?
      you'll need to backup your mysql database to a sql file via using telnet/ssh and mysqldump command... you can read about mysqldump at http://www.webmasterbase.com/article/678
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

humg.. i`ve the SQL File right here on my PC...
        i used the Backup System from the Controll Panel.

The File haves 180MB.. the new server haven`t the possibility to use telnet.

Comment

humg.. i`ve the SQL File right here on my PC...
          i used the Backup System from the Controll Panel.

The File haves 180MB.. the new server haven`t the possibility to use telnet.
          hmm i'd be careful using vB backup system for such a large database file as it can also timeout leaving you with incomplete backup..

if you don't have telnet on new server you'd need to ask your new host to do the reimport of your sql file
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I`ve the possibilty to use SSH if i book another Server.. if i do this, the Transfer can be finished?

btw. Thanks for the info with the incomplete SQL Dump Eva..

Comment

I`ve the possibilty to use SSH if i book another Server.. if i do this, the Transfer can be finished?

btw. Thanks for the info with the incomplete SQL Dump Eva..
              yesh SSH is a secure version of telnet which can be used to transfer/reimport your sql file (provided it's a complete backup)

Comment

Fine.. then i only have the Problem, that i dont know, what i have to do :-)

I readed the Manual, but this says nothing for me

I hope i can ask my Provider to supporting my Problems, so i think i can stop bugging you..

Thanks for the quick help :-)

Comment

Fine.. then i only have the Problem, that i dont know, what i have to do :-)

I readed the Manual, but this says nothing for me

I hope i can ask my Provider to supporting my Problems, so i think i can stop bugging you..

Thanks for the quick help :-)
                  well essentially what you do is listed in step 2 onwards of the guide at http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html

Comment

Argh.. now i try to make a backup to the server and become this failure:

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.2.6:

Invalid SQL: SHOW FIELDS FROM session
                    mysql error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

mysql error number: 2013

====================

So i think i have to backup table for table...

Comment

Invalid SQL: SHOW FIELDS FROM session
                      mysql error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

mysql error number: 2013

====================

So i think i have to backup table for table...
                      looks like mysql isn't configured optimally

http://www.mysql.com/doc/G/o/Gone_away.html
                      http://www.mysql.com/doc/C/o/Common_errors.html
                      http://www.mysql.com/doc/S/e/Server_parameters.html
                      http://www.mysql.com/doc/O/p/Option_files.html
                      http://www.mysql.com/doc/S/H/SHOW_VARIABLES.html

The most common reason for the MySQL server has gone away error or lost connection

1. Is that the server timed out and closed the connection. By default, the server closes the connection after 8 hours or 28800 seconds if nothing has happened. You can change the time limit by setting the wait_timeout variable when you start mysqld via your server's /etc/my.cnf as well.

2. Another common reason to receive the MySQL server has gone away error is because you have issued a ``close'' on your MySQL connection and then tried to run a query on the closed connection. You can check that the MySQL hasn't died by executing mysqladmin version and examining the uptime.

i.e. to check mysql uptime, in shell as root user type:

mysqladmin -u root -p version

3. You can also get these errors if you send a query to the server that is incorrect or too large. If mysqld gets a packet that is too large or out of order, it assumes that something has gone wrong with the client and closes the connection. If you need big queries (for example, if you are working with big BLOB columns), you can increase the query limit by starting mysqld with the -O max_allowed_packet=# option (default 1M) or via max_allowed_packet variable in your /etc/my.cnf file and restarting mysql after you edited your /etc/my.cnf file. The extra memory is allocated on demand, so mysqld will use more memory only when you issue a big query or when mysqld must return a big result row

4. or simply your host restarted mysql.. i'd contact your web host

Comment

Don't use the Admin CP backup option to make your backup. As was mentioned earlier this will most likely cause timeout errors with a database your size. You need to backup as per Step One here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

humg... ich can´t do a telnet backup from my database, because i haven´t telnet access to my server.

Every time i try`d to backup my forums i become a timeout error. So i saved the backup file from the SQL Database to the Webserver and theres no error.

I hope that these File are not corrupt, because i have no other possibility to Backup my Forum without a telnet access.

I phoned with the Provider from the New Server and he put my sql-dump who i made into the database.
                          Last edited by Kalochero; Wed 11 Sep '02, 9:10am.

Comment

Can you ask your old host to make the backup for you?
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

No Chance

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X