Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I set the Default-Style for Users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I set the Default-Style for Users?

Hi!

I would like to leave the default vB-Style as Alternative, but let users have my custom style as Default Setting. Could somnebody give me some advice on how to do this please?

Thanks

nox

I don't think this can be done without hacking.

There's a reason you can't remove the default style set, and that's so there's always a default style set which is the style you have currently which cannot be removed.

In other words, I suppose you could use your second style [the one which you want to have as default], and use it's template sets, replacement sets for the non-removeable style set and exchange the colours and anything in the font/color etc settings.

There's no other way really

Comment

i see....

Just did as you said and works good (I sometimes just tend to think too complicated )

Thanks for the help!

Comment

I don't now how to set the Default as an alternative, but how I set my custom one as default is:

CP>Styles>Modify>Properties:

Set the template and replacement set as your custom one.

*Sorry if this is wrong. I'm a little new to adminning vBs.*

Comment

yup, that's what I did

I set the Templates and Replacements of the Default Style (the one you can't remove) to my customized ones and renamed it and then made a new Style called "vB Classic" with "Default" for Templates and replacements...
          This way my customized Version is Default for new users, while they can choose "vB Classic" for vB's "native" look

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X