Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP - vBulletin dead after upgrading to 2.27!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP - vBulletin dead after upgrading to 2.27!!!

Hello all, I'm in dire need of help.

I run a bulletin board at www.rafeonline.com and while upgrading from version 2.25 to 2.27 the upgrade failed and I cannot get anything to work again. I'm getting a database error. Here's the message:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
    I'm completely stuck. I must get this site back online for my client. Can anyone help? Note, I backed up the database to my harddrive before doing this work.

I tried re-installing but that did not help. The script stops every time trying to create the Access table. I decided to empty my database out of desperation (and knowing I have a vbulletin.sql backup).

I hope someone can help.

Many thanks.

K

You've done quite a lot of things and it's difficult to say what you have now. The best bet is to:

1. Reupload all the original vB 2.2.7 files
    2. Restore the database backup
    3. Run the appropriate upgrade scripts to upgrade your database to 2.2.7. If the backup is from 2.2.5, then run these scripts in sequence:

upgrade19.php
    upgrade20.php
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks, smachol.

I've already tried this. I get the error message while trying to run the install.

During the install sequence, I cannot get passed the creation of the first table (Access) in the database.

After I get to install.php step 4, here's the message I get:

Creating table access

Altering access table

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
      Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
      What could be wrong??

K

Comment

Do *NOT* run install. It's not needed. Simply do the steps I outlined above.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have re-posted the 2.27 files I backed up on the server into the appropriate folders.

How do I restore my database? I have a vbulletin.sql dump on my machine. I have tried to load in using phpmyadmin, but that does not seem to work.

Obviously vBulletin does not work yet, so what are my options for restoring the database file?

Thanks.

K

Comment

To restore the database use Step Three here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html

If you do not have telnet or ssh access, then you'll need to ask your host to rerstore this for you.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

The database is now restored. Running upgrade19.php we get this error message when we refresh the forum home page.

Database error in vBulletin 2.2.6:

Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO session (sessionhash,userid,host,useragent,lastactivity,althash,location) VALUES ('5ffba145d5cd3e973d459f0bf7f8b317','1','24.76.105.214','Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1;','1031345692','','/')
              mysql error: Unknown column 'althash' in 'field list'

mysql error number: 1054

Date: Friday 06th of September 2002 01:54:52 PM
              Script: http://www.rafeonline.com/
              Referer:
              Thoughts?

K

Comment

Let's back up. What version of the vB files have you uploaded to the server, and what version was the database from?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

The database was backed up from version 2.2.5 of the software.

The current software on the server is now 2.2.7.

K

Comment

Then you need to run upgrade20.php also as I posted earlier. .

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

The bulletin board is now working.

A final note on this. The reason as it turns out for the problem is that upgrade20 creates a new table. The permissions for my database were not set properly, and it required intervention from my sysadmin to set the database permissions to allow table creation for this user.

It seems odd that this would happen now and not earlier in the year (I think I installed 2.2.1 originally).

Thanks for your help today.

K

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X