Send an email to members even if they have it off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send an email to members even if they have it off

My board is large and I do not want to reveal the email address I have admin messges sent to. I get lots of people sending me messages via the internal VBBS mailing system.

However, sometimes a member will email me and I want to click on the link and respond but they may have the feature shut off to receive emails.

I feel this should be overrided by admins. If they ask me a question, I want to respond using the same system. Is this possible?

That would require manually changing their settings, or hacking the code. After all they have said they do not want email from the Admins.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

yeah but quite frankly that should not be a choice for someone when they sign up.

If they are asking a question, you need to keep them happy and respond.

Anyone using this board as a business knows that you need to be able to mail your members.

Comment

Originally posted by glenv
        yeah but quite frankly that should not be a choice for someone when they sign up.
        You can remove that choice. There are other threads about how to remove options from the registration pages and the modify profile pages. And there are threads on how to change everyone's mail settings at once, using MySQL.

Just my two cents, thrown in for good measure... ... but, you might want to clearly post an announcement in advance, regarding your policy change... in order to give people the chance to opt out by closing their user accounts.

Comment

You can make this a hidden default in registeradult and modifyoptions. Search these forums for the way to do this. I belive this has been covered before.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X