X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by dumbass
    i just downloaded the user table itself and emptied a test one and dropped it in just to see if it would work and it did.

Is that a good way to do it?
    This is only good if php doesn't timeout and give you an imcomplete table.

Leave a comment:

• dm02
    replied
    I sure wish I would have done it this way. Good I dea

Leave a comment:

• xShanex
    replied
    i just downloaded the user table itself and emptied a test one and dropped it in just to see if it would work and it did.

Is that a good way to do it? Like download just the main tables (data and structure) or maybe each table instead of downloading the whole database at once?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by dumbass
    I was doing some testing earlier today and just imported the user tables and it worked fine.
    Yeah, the hard part is extracting just those tables from the sql backup, particularly for a medium-to-large size database.

Leave a comment:

• xShanex
    replied
    Originally posted by smachol
    Not easily. You would have to export the user and userfield tables from your backup file and place them into their own files. Then you could import those tables into the new database with phpMyAdmin. Untested but it should work theoretically.
    I was doing some testing earlier today and just imported the user tables and it worked fine.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by dm02
    http://www/dss-knights.com/forums/install.php

whish is where it is at... I'm in the process of FTPing on old BU copy of 2.2.6 to see if I can get back in
    there's your problem www/dss-knights.com isn't a valid url

www.

and not www/

Leave a comment:

• dm02
    replied
    http://www/dss-knights.com/forums/install.php

whish is where it is at... I'm in the process of FTPing on old BU copy of 2.2.6 to see if I can get back in

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by dm02
    well the 2.2.7 install won't work getting DNS error tring to run the install so I'm having to install ther last FTP backup I had of 2.2.6

what is the exact url you run when you get dns error ? have you contacted your host yet ?

Leave a comment:

• dm02
    replied
    well the 2.2.7 install won't work getting DNS error tring to run the install so I'm having to install ther last FTP backup I had of 2.2.6

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Not easily. You would have to export the user and userfield tables from your backup file and place them into their own files. Then you could import those tables into the new database with phpMyAdmin. Untested but it should work theoretically.

Leave a comment:

• dm02
    started a topic I corruppted my sql data base installing 2.2.7

I corruppted my sql data base installing 2.2.7

SO I'm starting clean, with a lean install of 2.2.7 ... Qht I'd like to know is I have a sql dump of the old 2.2.6

is there a way to at least get the users outta that or just make everyone re-register

Thanks
    DM
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X