I corruppted my sql data base installing 2.2.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I corruppted my sql data base installing 2.2.7

SO I'm starting clean, with a lean install of 2.2.7 ... Qht I'd like to know is I have a sql dump of the old 2.2.6

is there a way to at least get the users outta that or just make everyone re-register

Thanks
    DM

Not easily. You would have to export the user and userfield tables from your backup file and place them into their own files. Then you could import those tables into the new database with phpMyAdmin. Untested but it should work theoretically.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

well the 2.2.7 install won't work getting DNS error tring to run the install so I'm having to install ther last FTP backup I had of 2.2.6

Comment

Originally posted by dm02
        well the 2.2.7 install won't work getting DNS error tring to run the install so I'm having to install ther last FTP backup I had of 2.2.6

what is the exact url you run when you get dns error ? have you contacted your host yet ?
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

http://www/dss-knights.com/forums/install.php

whish is where it is at... I'm in the process of FTPing on old BU copy of 2.2.6 to see if I can get back in

Comment

Originally posted by dm02
            http://www/dss-knights.com/forums/install.php

whish is where it is at... I'm in the process of FTPing on old BU copy of 2.2.6 to see if I can get back in
            there's your problem www/dss-knights.com isn't a valid url

www.

and not www/
            :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
            :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
              Not easily. You would have to export the user and userfield tables from your backup file and place them into their own files. Then you could import those tables into the new database with phpMyAdmin. Untested but it should work theoretically.
              I was doing some testing earlier today and just imported the user tables and it worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by dumbass
                I was doing some testing earlier today and just imported the user tables and it worked fine.
                Yeah, the hard part is extracting just those tables from the sql backup, particularly for a medium-to-large size database.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i just downloaded the user table itself and emptied a test one and dropped it in just to see if it would work and it did.

Is that a good way to do it? Like download just the main tables (data and structure) or maybe each table instead of downloading the whole database at once?

Comment

I sure wish I would have done it this way. Good I dea

Comment

Originally posted by dumbass
                      i just downloaded the user table itself and emptied a test one and dropped it in just to see if it would work and it did.

Is that a good way to do it?
                      This is only good if php doesn't timeout and give you an imcomplete table.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                      X