Clear All

• How do I restore a back up

Ok my forum is in a bad way.

I made a back up though !!!

Thing is how do I restore it.....

I need help ASAP

Gaz

<moving to 'How Do I' forum>

The only reliable method of restoring a database is with shell access via telnet or ssh. Please see Step Three in the instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Or, if you have CPanel, you can do it via the backup there, though I think the dump has to be GZipped.

Comment

Gzipped

I have tried to restore my back through PHPMYADMIN but it hasnt restored anything I still have 25 threads when I had over 1000 last night

HELP

Comment

To restore through phpMyAdmin you have to restore each table individually. Even then it may not work because of PHP timeout issues. As I said, the only reliable method of restoring a database is with shell access via telnet or ssh

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I dont have shell accsess My host doesnt have it.

What are the procedures to restore via PHPMYADMIN

Comment

I don't know what those procedures are. You best bet is to ask your host to restore it for you. It's the least they could do for not offering an essential tool like telnet or ssh.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Ok just recieved a email off my host

I have to upload the back up to my httpdoc and they will sort it from there

YIPPEE

Thanx very much for all your HELP

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X