vB Timings..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB Timings..

my vb timings are messed up, it doesn't show the correct dates or the correct times..

You need to set the timezone in the Admin CP to match the timezone of the server your forums are running on. Then each user needs to set their local timezones in the User CP.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

is there a way to find out what timezone the server is in?

Comment

1. You can login to the server shell and type 'date' at the command prompt.
        2. You can ask your host.
        3. You can experiment with the time zone settings in the Admin CP until the correct time is displayed.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

ummm... 1, and 2 don't know about, 3rd is kinda too long..
          I want to know this cuz, my posts are getting messed up.. somw switched around, some don't even show up..

Comment

If 1 is too complicated and 3 is too long, then your only other option is to ask your host. We have no way of knowing what time zone your server is set to.

Those are your options!

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I used the 3rd option and fixed it.. thnx smachol..
              Last edited by Saiyan XL; Fri 6th Sep '02, 7:07pm.

Comment

ok, I got another question, is there a way I can make vB take the timings from some other place? instead of taking them from the server??

Comment

Working...
                X