Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I Delete The whole board (all php files) then reinstall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I Delete The whole board (all php files) then reinstall?

my board got hacked, so i need to take it down, can i just delete thru ftp and reinstall, then upload the database i BACKED up?

yes that would be best if you were hacked...

remember to change your passwords on your forum, site a/c and mysql
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

they only pass they got is my board account...

i deleted the whole thing, then when i uploaded i couldn't run install.php

could you PM me about what steps to take after deleting (not uninstalling) a hacked board?

Comment

steps

1. delete all vb php files via ftp
        2. reupload all vB php files from the same version vB you just deleted in step1
        3. create new empty mysql database i.e. name newemptydbname
        4. via telnet/ssh reimport your backup *.sql file into newemptydbname - if you don't have telnet/ssh access ask your host to do this for you
        5. edit /admin/config.php and point the mysql database to newemptydbname
        6. that's it NO need to run install.php
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

When I uploaded the *.SQL file the top of the window in the SQL editor said this:
          No SQL query!
          What does that mean?

Comment

That is not how to restore a database. The only reliable method of backing up and restoring a database is with shell access via telnet or ssh. Please see the instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X