X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamesUS
    replied
    Originally posted by plattopus
    But when I opened my first vB, I had userid number one (obviously). The next person that registered was number three. Is there some other reason for this?
    That means that another user was registered/added and then removed.

Leave a comment:

• nghiasi
    replied
    you make want to look over:

http://www.vbulletin.org

Leave a comment:

• clubplanet
    replied
    Thanks for the help... That is pretty close to what we need, so we'll give that user the prize.

Leave a comment:

• plattopus
    replied
    But when I opened my first vB, I had userid number one (obviously). The next person that registered was number three. Is there some other reason for this?

Leave a comment:

• JamesUS
    replied
    The post with id 1000000 will be the millionth post, including deleted posts. MySQL doesn't leave holes randomly; but if a post is deleted it's id will not be re-used.

For example:

You have 999999 posts.
    You delete the most recent post (#999999)
    The next post that is posted is technically the 1000000th post, as the previous one was deleted. However there are only #999999 posts on the board.

It depends what you consider to be the millionth post.

This post's id is 343614, but we only have 326,329 posts on the forum. That means that about 17285 posts have been deleted, copied, or split from their original threads.
    Last edited by JamesUS; Tue 3rd Sep '02, 3:27am.

Leave a comment:

• plattopus
    replied
    That won't work, because sometimes mySQL leaves holes in the id numbers of posts.

You'll get the post with the ID# 1000000, but it most likely wont actually be the millionth post.

Leave a comment:

• DWZ
    replied
    In other words, the person who made the 1,000,000th post was the user legend38 on your forum. His post is here: http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread...00#post1000000

Leave a comment:

• dougfunie
    replied
    Heres the only way I know of.

Edit a post and submit it. Check the address bar, it should have a postid line.

After editing a post, the end of the address should read:
    showthread.php?s=&postid=2348#post2348

Simply change the numbers to the post you want to find:
    showthread.php?s=&postid=1000000#post1000000

Press the little go button and have a look at who did it

Leave a comment:

• clubplanet
    started a topic How to tell who made 1,000,000th post?

How to tell who made 1,000,000th post?

We just passed 1,000,000 posts and wanted to give a prize to the user who made post #1,000,000.

Is there a way to figure out who made the 1,000,000th post?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X