No announcement yet.

SEVERE 2.2.7 problem - crashed FreeBSD server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

could you add your log-bin and server id back into the suggested my.cnf below

[mysqld]
    set-variable = max_connections=750
    set-variable = key_buffer=16M
    set-variable = myisam_sort_buffer_size=64M
    set-variable = join_buffer=1M
    set-variable = record_buffer=1M
    set-variable = sort_buffer=2M
    set-variable = table_cache=1280
    set-variable = thread_cache_size=256
    set-variable = wait_timeout=9600
    set-variable = connect_timeout=10
    set-variable = max_allowed_packet=16M
    set-variable = max_connect_errors=10

[safe_mysqld]
    open_files_limit=8192

[mysqldump]
    quick
    set-variable = max_allowed_packet=16M

[myisamchk]
    set-variable = key_buffer=64M
    set-variable = sort_buffer=64M
    set-variable = read_buffer=16M
    set-variable = write_buffer=16M

and try it out with vB 2.2.7 ?
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by freddie
      I don't see any changes to the main files (sessions.php, global.php, index.php, forumdisplay.php and showthread.php) that would cause any load increases. What you can do is put 2.2.7 back on and then replace the above files, one at a time, with the 2.2.6 versions to see what your load looks like over an acceptable time frame.
      also have you tried freddie's suggestion ?
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I'm going to attempt to reinstall 2.2.7 later in the week with a fresh copy and will try those suggestions then. I need to do it during the day when the co-location facility is staffed in case a reboot is needed (our servers have a reboot bug such that I can't reboot them remotely - what a pain). I'll get back to you on the results.
        -Steve St.Laurent
        Webmaster of http://www.turbodieselregister.com

Comment

I installed 2.2.7 again today. Thus far the loads are looking fine. I downloaded a new copy of 2.2.7 and started from scratch. I'll be monitoring things close for a while but it seems that there was either an error in the download or I made an error in converting the installed hacks from 2.2.6 to 2.2.7 (all hacks are installed at this point).
          -Steve St.Laurent
          Webmaster of http://www.turbodieselregister.com

Comment

Originally posted by Steve St.Lauren
            I installed 2.2.7 again today. Thus far the loads are looking fine. I downloaded a new copy of 2.2.7 and started from scratch. I'll be monitoring things close for a while but it seems that there was either an error in the download or I made an error in converting the installed hacks from 2.2.6 to 2.2.7 (all hacks are installed at this point).
            sounds good... you should try running vB 2.2.7 unhacked for several weeks.. it could be an unoptimised hack and not vB itself causing the problem

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X