X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Problem With my Forumz..!!

Something is gone very wrong with my forumz
    http://www.xtreme-forumz.net/showthr...p?threadid=415

go to that link, you will see, post #1 and Post #2 are switched around..
    I think its a bug, can someone please help me out.. ???

First of all, I see post #1, #2, and #3 in that order. Nothing looks out of place.

Second since this is a hack, if somethign was wrong you would need to seek help in the appropriate hack thread on vbulletin.org. It's certainly not a bug because this feature doesn't exist in vB.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

no, post #1 is actually #2 and post #2 is actually #1, they are switched around..

Can't you tell by the subject??

Re: Thread Title

and Just Thread Title..

Comment

Sorry I didn't read the messages. However post #1 was posted earlier than #2 according to the time. My guess is that the server time changed between these two posts causing the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i am the one who posted the post #1, which is now #2, i made the thread, its been happening with a couple of other threads too....

Comment

another thread with mix up..

http://www.xtreme-forumz.net/showthr...p?threadid=431

Comment

u think it will help if i upgrade to vb 2.2.7?

Comment

As I said the only way I know of for this to happen is if the server time changed between posts. Frankly I think that's what happened, particularly since it is on more than one thread. Upgrading will not change this. The only way to change it is to manually modify the post times in the database.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

can you tell me how?

Comment

and also how can I fix it for the future? like so it doesn't happen again..

Comment

Originally posted by Saiyan XL
                      can you tell me how?
                      You need to go into phpMyAdmin and modify the dateline column in the post table and enter the unix timestamp for the time that you want. You can use this online tool to converty dates and times to Unix Timestamps.:

http://www.onlineconversion.com/unix_time.htm

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Saiyan XL
                        and also how can I fix it for the future? like so it doesn't happen again..
                        You would have to set up a cronjob to have your server autmoatically check with one of the Internet Time Servers to update the time on a regular basis. Here is what I use on mine:

3 3 * * * /usr/bin/rdate -s time-nw.nist.gov

You will need to enter this crontab as root in order for it to work. Note if you are running a Windows system then this won't work.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                        X