Email Button in Member List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's what Jake did to fix the problem:

Admin CP -> Options -> vBulletin Options -> [User and registration options] -> Display email addresses -> Yes
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Oh, thanks.

I was expecting an email notification that there was a reply to the ticket. I don't know how to access it

As far as the option, I could have sworn I had everything right!

Comment

Oh, I see why I turned that off. It's not labeled very well. It implies that they actually show the email address. They never actually do so. They display the button instead with a form.

That ought to be changed so there isn't other confusion. I know there's plenty of people who thought the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by geiger
          I was expecting an email notification that there was a reply to the ticket. I don't know how to access it
          Yes, an email is sent to the email address you used to send in the initial request. I notice that the one you used for the ticket is different from the one you are registered with on these forums.

That ought to be changed so there isn't other confusion. I know there's plenty of people who thought the same thing.
          Nope - you're the first!

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well, I did tell my problem to a few people, and 2 of them said they had the same problem.

Comment

BTW, is the script vBulletin uses to verify users into a certain user status a hack? I need this same system for FileTrack Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by geiger
                BTW, is the script vBulletin uses to verify users into a certain user status a hack? I need this same system for FileTrack Forums.
                If vB uses it, then it's not a hack. I'm not sure what script you are talking about though.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

The one where you add your name to the list, and then you have access to new parts of the forum. I'm guessing this changes your user group.

Comment

Oh, you mean the one used on these forums. Yes that's a 'hack' of sorts and no that's not publicly available. There may be something like this over at the hacking site vbulletin.org. You should check over there.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
                      Nope - you're the first!
                      This problem drove me crazy for a while. I did figure it out eventually (I seem to think I by posting here, but I don't recall). It is poorly worded. I was under the impression that the option was to turn on e-mail masking (where vBulletin would not display mailto: links but instead provide the e-mail form).

Don't feel so alone

Paul

Comment

See! Told you so!

Comment

I was joking - hence the smilie!

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X