Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.2.7 Installation Problems

lol, i uploaded the new one...same thing
    Warning: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: x) in /home/board/public_html/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: x) in /home/board/public_html/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/siccinc/public_html/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 47
    What's a localhost?

And please tell me how to fix this problem.

First you do have mysql installed right?

The host is probably localhost which is really just the ip 127.0.0.1 which is the local host (server)

Secondly the username and password were created in mysql and the database was also created and the username granted privledges to access the database?
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

i put in the server IP where it said to put it...and the login to the server's site is the login i used...

don't know if mysql is installed...how do i find out?

Comment

Asking your host if its installed and for all the appropriate information, database name, mysql username and mysql password is the best idea.
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

thank you

Comment

Your hosting provider might give you a login and pass combination for your FTP to access the web server so you can upload/download files to/from it. But the E-mail login/pass could be different, and so could the MySQL login/pass. And that would be wise too!

Contact your hosting provider and request them if they a) have MySQL installed and b) If you can get access to 1 database, and if so, c) What server name to enter in scripts (like localhost) and what the database name is and which user/pass to use for that database. Then edit the admin/config.php file from vBulletin and give it those details. And run install.php again through a web browser. (if you can only find config.php.new just rename it).
            \
            vBulletin doesn't work without 1 MySQL database.

Comment

this is what i did:

i went to our server's site (venturesonline.com) and to our control panel...

i went to the "SQL Database" and created a new database, then added a username, with a password to the database, then changed the config.php file with this new info

Warning: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES) in /home/board/public_html/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40
              My password wasn't YES

and i used the IP that the board is hosted on...

i'll try changing it to 127.0.0.1 as you said...but my password wasn't YES...

Comment

i changed to localhost
                Attempting to attach to database...

Connect failed: unexpected error from the database.

Error number: 1044

Error description: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' to database 'siccinc_'

Please ensure that the database and server is correctly configured and try again.

Comment

Answered here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=53868
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X