Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every time a user tries to upload or use a URL for their avatar, the following error message comes up:

The uploaded file is not a valid GIF or JPG file. Please ensure that it is and try again.

Ive made the file size and physical size larger than the one being uploaded - whats the deal?
    - RHiSC

What version of vB are you running? I remember it being a bug/issue with previous versions.
    Marc James
    Sports Central — Beyond the Scores
    Sports Central Message Boards

Comment

Latest version... i just got my licence today!
      - RHiSC

Comment

Silly question, but are you sure the file isn't .bmp or .png? vB only supports .gif and .jpg.
        Marc James

Comment

What's a silly question?
          Yes - the files are jpgs and gifs. Do i have to CHMOD the directories?
          - RHiSC

Comment

My question was a silly/obvious one, but sometimes obvious details are overlooked. Anyway, you *shouldn't* have to do any CHMODing at all.
            Marc James

Comment

Hmm.. then what else could it be? How do i resolve this problem?
              - RHiSC

Comment

Upload the phpinfo.php file from the 'extras directory of the zip file to your forums directory. Then post the URL here. This will help us troubleshoot the problem.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X