problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem

I have a site which I have had up for a week or so now. only problem I have really experienced.. is.. the users.. needing to register.. then, that confirmation e-mail.

they sign up.. and alot of them aren't getting confirmation e-mail. I mean, I look in the control panel and I see like 9 users awaiting confirmation.. but.. 2 things..

1) how do I make it so they don't need a confirmation e-mail. how can I just let them sign up and post. If I let that happen, then guests will be able to post as well though.. right? that's the downside

2) with the 9 users I got 'awaiting confirmation' in control panel.. what are the exact steps to getting them on the site? I toyed around.. and Im not sending all 9 the emails properly.. and when I do, they are getting blank e-mails. It's very upsetting. I have alot of users that wanna come.. but, so many having problems with registering/getting past that confirmation thing

suggestions/methods? make it easier..

1. Set 'Verify Email address in registration' to 'No' in the vBulletin Options section of the Admin CP. This will still force people to register but it will put them directly into the 'registered' group and won't verify their email address.

2. You can manually move each of these members to the registered group if you want. Or you could send a mass email to the 'Users Awaiting' group with something like this:

Dear $username,

Just a quick reminder that your account is not active until you click on the validation link that was sent in the email you received when you registered. Just in case you can't find it, here's the link again:

$bburl/register.php?a=act&u=$userid&i=$activateid

Remember that in order to have full access to the Board, you need to complete your registration.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
      1. Set 'Verify Email address in registration' to 'No' in the vBulletin Options section of the Admin CP. This will still force people to register but it will put them directly into the 'registered' group and won't verify their email address.

2. You can manually move each of these members to the registered group if you want. Or you could send a mass email to the 'Users Awaiting' group with something like this:

smachol.. you da man also, one of the better ones of the site. I never have a problem with ya.. or your response time. thanks man..

but before I go.. manual move members? hmm, I got 9 or so right now.. but, I just set the settings as you told me too.. so, I shouldn't have a problem after the next person registers. but, what about the 9 I got waiting? quick explanation.. for manual.. and I will be set

Comment

You could:

a) Use the Users->Move/Prune function to choose all the users in the 'Users Awaitubng' group and move them to the 'Registered group, or

b) Go to Users->Find, choose the 'Users Awaiting' group and when you get the list of users, open each [profile and manually change their User Group.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

been very helpful

I set verify email to no.. and then, just went and registered 9 users awaiting confirmation manually. hmm, now that I know the right way to do it manually.. should I set verify email back to yes? or.. does it make it easier just to leave it be?

Comment

It's a personal preference. For instance I only want members with valid email addresses so I leave this verification on. Then once or twice a month I send out the email notice. Anyone who hasn't validated or visited the board again if over six weeks I just delete.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X