subscribed threads question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subscribed threads question

How does it work exactly? I am getting emails notifications sometimes for such a thread. When I click on the link, in more than one instance, I see there were many other replies before and after the notification for which I was never notified. Is that the way it supposed to be? Am I am missing something? Or is it a bug? That is happening everyday from vb.org, when I am watching a thread... to find out that I missed a lot of posts.

what version of vB are you using ?
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

myself it is 2.21 but that has nothing to do with my site. I have that problem with my subscribed threads at vb.org and they have 2.26.

the new reply notifications are sporadically

Comment

vB.org uses the Quick Reply hack and threads are not subscribed to when you submit a reply with that hack.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

thanks smachol. I never used that quick reply feature myself. So are you telling me that if someone else uses it, I will not be getting notification on my subscribed threads? Then that will explain it all.

Comment

No, I don't think it works quite like that although I have to say I have a lot of problems with email notifications from vb.org also. I never have problems with this forum or my own (which are essentially unhacked.)
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

yes you are right. Never a problem here, but had it at a few other sites and mainly vb.org where out of the blues I will be getting notifications from long forgotten threads from last year once in a while and am not able to follow current thread. For example, a hacker has been upgrading an installed hack so many times, and I finally got a notice... by the time I got to it, there were more posts....

on my forums which have over 100 hacks, I don't have that problem, so I thought maybe it had to do with some settings that I skipped.
              Last edited by Lionel; Fri 23 Aug '02, 10:56am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X