WTF?!? People keep un-registering!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF?!? People keep un-registering!!!!

*sigh* You know.. i luv this product, i really do.. however, when a person, can never stay registered that's a problem. I paid money, for this and I need to figure out what's going on?

Like almost half of our 72 users, are having problems staying logged in! I've done all the cookie troubleshooting, changing thier browser settings, deleting all their cookies, making sure, they have browse board with cookies on, and remmeber s/n and username checked.. however, it stil doesnt work, I need to know what's going.. can somone please help?
    Last edited by JCFN TeK gEEk; Thu 22 Aug '02, 12:49pm.

Do you have the cookie domain and path set in your Admin CP? If not, set the cookie domain to ".yourdomain.com" (note the period before the domain) and the cookie path to "/".

HTH

Comment

still doesnt matter!

Comment

I'm not sure why some forums have these kinds of problems yet the majority don't. Can you try setting 'Browse with cookies' to 'No' for your members that are having this problem and see if that helps?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

grrrrr

now i'm having the same problem.... it keeps asking me to login every freaking place, i go on the board.. even when i go into the admin cp interface.. jesus, is there any resolution for this problem.

I've tried everything.. i deleted all my friggin cookies.. my cookie settings are set to accept all cookies.. jesus, if that dont' work, i dont know what will??

Comment

Are you using a firewall program?

Are you surfing behind a proxy?

Certain members have this problem for some reason.

Comment

nope.. no firewall.. no proxy...

i'm using Qwest DSL, and running behind NAT...

my father, who is on a seperate DSL account, using Pacbell DSL, w/ PPPOE

we are both having issues, with this, not to mention other members as well.. everywhere we go, always ask to login!

Comment

Have you upgraded to 2.2.7 yet?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

yup.. im @ 2.2.7 this was happening with 2.2.6 as well.. it kinda sux.. cuz this has been an on-going problem, yet no solution..

Comment

The only thing I can suggest is that you make sure you uploaded all the 2.2.7 php files and overwrote the ones on the server.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

The only thing I can suggest is that you make sure you uploaded all the 2.2.7 php files and overwrote the ones on the server.
                      It would be really great if someone would actually try to fix this problem rather than blame those of us that are having it. I'm having the *exact* same problem this guy is (in fact, I just got 8 more emails overnight with people saying that can't stay logged in). I'm positive all of the 2.2.7 files overwrote the 2.2.6 ones and that I ran upgrade20. I've seen a couple other people reporting these errors as well. Perhaps it would be a better idea to actually look for a solution rather than repeatedly state that there is no problem. I paid $160 for this product, I expect for it to work and for the support staff to be supportive, not condescending.

Comment

Then start listing which hacks you may have installed

Comment

Originally posted by Ang
                          It would be really great if someone would actually try to fix this problem rather than blame those of us that are having it. ......... I expect for it to work and for the support staff to be supportive, not condescending.
                          I'm not 'blaming' anyone. I am merely offering the only solution I am capable of offering. The fact is I have seen far too many instances when someone says they have upgraded when in fact they are still running older versions of the files. So I merely want to eliminate this as a possibility so the Developers can focus on the underlying issue.

I suggest that you full out a support ticket on this problem. Be sure to include all the releveant info including your login details to the Admin CP, FTP and phpMyAdmin.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by baragon0
                            Then start listing which hacks you may have installed
                            The only hack I have installed is one that allows sorting of the Who's Online list.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X