• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager

• Steve Machol
    replied
    As I said earlier you would get a better response by starting a new thread about your problem rather than letting it get lost in an existing thread.

Leave a comment:

• themonarch

• themonarch
    replied
    shameless bump

Is this being worked on? Just wondering....

Leave a comment:

• themonarch

• themonarch
    replied
    frustrating login problems here too

I also recently upgraded to 2.2.7 (yes, I'm sure it overwrote the existing php files) to try and solve my user's login problems but they are still occurring. I'm getting 10 or more email messages (of course, very angry) that they keep getting asked to login when they go to post a reply, even after they already logged in.

I thought for awhile it was because we have a .com domain parked that users enter thru then it transfers them over to the .net domain. The cookies setting in the CP are for the .net domain.

I have also had user's delete cookies, use a different browser, clear cache, all to no avail.

My info is:

URL of your forums: http://www.nissaninfiniticlub.net/vbulletin225/

Operating system Linux
    Kernel version: 2.4.17
    Apache version 1.3.26 (Unix)
    PERL version 5.006001
    PHP version 4.2.2
    MySQL version 3.23.45

Whether or not you have edited any files*: No hacks, No edits

Oh, and phpinfo is here: http://www.nissaninfiniticlub.net/phpinfo.php

Hope someone can help....

Leave a comment:

• Steve St.Lauren

• Steve St.Lauren
    replied
    I've been having login problems with a LOT of users on our site for many months. I installed 2.2.7 tonight and it went in with no problem. Here's hoping it solves the problem. I'll let you know if it did the trick on our site.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol

• Steve Machol
    replied
    What I suggest is that you start your own thread explaining all the problems and the fact that you are running 2.2.7. That way this won't get lost in another thread and one of hte Developers will be more likely to see it. I can honestly say the 2.2.7 has solved most of the cookie problems I've read about so in order to help you'll need to provide as much information as possible,

Leave a comment:

• Ang
    replied
    Is there any fix for this being worked on? In the last day I've had even more people complaining. All of the recent people reporting this problem are AOL users, which I thought 2.2.7 was supposed to fix.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol

• Steve Machol
    replied
    AFAIK the change in the cookies routines are rather extensive and do not easliy lend themselves to a patch. However a Developer can answer more authoritatively on this.

Leave a comment:

• mvigod

• mvigod
    replied
    Originally posted by smachol
    mvigod, unless you've purchased the 'brand-free' license you will need to restore the original vBulletin/Jelsoft copyright info to your footer template. At a minimum the copyright must read:

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2002, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Second what version are you running? Version 2.2.7 has fixed many of the login and cookie problems people were having and you should upgrade to that if you are running an earlier version.
    Smachol,

Hi. I fixed the copyright thing and actually joined your affiliate program and used that code. It had gotten zapped in a template change, sorry.

I'm running an older version but don't like to put it up for security reasons...the less anybody knows about your OS/system the more secure it is.

I will say it's not 2.2.7 but I have it hacked beyond belief so a full upgrade might be impossible but if the sessions.php routines are all that changed I would like to at least incorporate that if it will fix the sessions problem.

Leave a comment:

• Ang
    replied
    Originally posted by PPN
    your problem is also with corrupted cookies

IE6 is just unreliable as a browser IMHO
    That's fine and dandy, but 98% of my users use IE and I don't expect them to switch to use my forum. Why is IE6 having so many problems with VB cookies when I haven't noticed this problem on any of the other types of boards I visit.

Leave a comment:

• ccd1

• ccd1
    replied
    Originally posted by PPN

Yes, that's why I use Lynx.

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    Former vBulletin Developer

• Scott MacVicar
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ang
    replied
    Are they all using IE 6?
    2 of them are, I'm still waiting back for information from the other two.

I also use IE6 and I'm having the exact opposite problem they are, I can't log out often without going in and deleting my cookies. I'll click the logout button, but it doesn't actually log me out.

Em one more thing do they have cookies enabled on their browser?
    Yes, all of them do.

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    Former vBulletin Developer

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    Are they all using IE 6?

In that case they probably have corrupted cookies and should be deleted manually, once they have done this they should experience no problems.

Em one more thing do they have cookies enabled on their browser?

Leave a comment:

• Ang
    replied
    I upgraded to versin 2.2.7 on Saturday and I'm still having the same problem. At least 4 of my users can't stay logged in.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol

• Steve Machol
    replied
    mvigod, unless you've purchased the 'brand-free' license you will need to restore the original vBulletin/Jelsoft copyright info to your footer template. At a minimum the copyright must read:

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2002, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Second what version are you running? Version 2.2.7 has fixed many of the login and cookie problems people were having and you should upgrade to that if you are running an earlier version.

Leave a comment: