Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

person trying to register using extremely long data fields, Can this cause a problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• person trying to register using extremely long data fields, Can this cause a problem?

We have a former member who is not to happy being banned. so he has decided to be a little bit of a pest.

attached is the exact error message. original file size is ~ 1.6 Megs. I have 18 more error messages like it.

How can we (Me and my admins) stop this from happening? And can this cause a problem? I'm sorry if this should be posted elsewhere.
    Last edited by Neocorteqz; Wed 21 Aug '02, 11:37pm.

Why don't you just ban his IP from visiting your site?
    Marc James
    Sports Central — Beyond the Scores
    Sports Central Message Boards

Comment

we did, he changed it, so far about 3 times now

Comment

Bump for help and a new error message.

Database error in vBulletin :

Link-ID == false, connect failed
        mysql error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

mysql error number: 2002

Date: Thursday 22nd of August 2002 08:00:40 AM
        Script: /index.php?
        Referer:

I have no experience with mysql, thats his job (tongboy).

But he's causing High server load averages, as well as Page errors for some of our members.

If you need anymore Info just ask, as I am not sure what you need to know.

edit:
        I think I may have figured out this prob.. but the original remains.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=41678

If I'm wrong. please tell me. Thanks for the assistance.
        Last edited by Neocorteqz; Thu 22 Aug '02, 12:57pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Neocorteqz
          Database error in vBulletin :

Link-ID == false, connect failed
          mysql error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
          Either MySQL crashed or it cannot find the socket. You need to contact your host about this.

http://www.mysql.com/doc/C/a/Can_not...to_server.html
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

this guy is a former member of many many forums who gets banned from them and decideds its a personal issue and tries to take them down. I also run the nemesis forums and he has vowed that our forum will never be accesible again.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, would this be the same highly controversial 'Nemesis Forums' that got in trouble for their pirated version of vBulletin a few months ago?

If so, good thing they shaped up...

Comment

Originally posted by Da`Nacho
                Just out of curiosity, would this be the same highly controversial 'Nemesis Forums' that got in trouble for their pirated version of vBulletin a few months ago?

If so, good thing they shaped up...
                and here is our trouble maker now. the pirated thing was with the former owner of the board

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X