users awaiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• users awaiting

I have 10 or so people awaiting confirmation to get access to post on my site or whatever. BUT, I have 25 others that the email got sent too fine that are on my site (registered)

now, for those 10.. how do I send them to the people to get them set and so they can post? I tried playing around with it. Im in the 'users awaiting' section. I can edit, remove, email, those things. how do I get them activated?

You could do a mass emailing to the 'Users Awaiting Email Confirmation' group (if you consider 10 a 'mass') and add this activation code to the email message:

$bburl/register.php?a=act&u=$userid&i=$activateid

Admin CP -> Users -> Email users
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

P.S. Just make sure you choose this user group only. I once accidentally sent this to all my users!

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

what you mean? I can just email one of the people having problems. she is on right now.

what she do with that code? type it where? or what? Im confused

Comment

The code will provide a link they click on to activate their account. As an example here is the email I send out to this group on a regular basis:

Dear $username,

Just a quick reminder that your OptiBoard account is not active until you click on the validation link that was sent in the email you received when you registered. Just in case you can't find it, here's the link again:

$bburl/register.php?a=act&u=$userid&i=$activateid

Remember that in order to have full access to OptiBoard, (posting rights, searching) you need to complete your registration. Thanks for joining OptiBoard!

Best regards,
          Steve Machol
          OptiBoard Administrator

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

By the way to email just one person, you can just click on the 'Email Activation Code' link at the top of their profile page in the Admin CP.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

she keeps getting this. is there a way to turn it off in my panel.. so.. that nobody needs to get 'permission'

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
              You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
              If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Comment

Is she in the Users Awaiting group? The only way to turn this off is to open all posting to Guests.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X