Moving Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Servers

I managed to make a dump of my DB file using the myphpadmin control panel on my first host.

Now I need to upload this DB dump to my second host again using myphpadmin.

Could someone help with the upload please, I'm not sure how to do it and have searched for ages and just can't find anything to help me.

Please don't tell me to telnet to my hosts, coz they don't support it.

Many thanks.

http://vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html is your friend

before you do anything double check your got a completed mysql dump from phpmyadmin.. because it's know to timeout and not complete a proper backup

how large is your forum and database ?

if you dont have telnet/ssh ask your new host to import your backup for you
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

MySQL Database backup

Thanks for the reply.

I have read the link you posted ealier, it uses the telnet method, no good to me I'm afraid.

I did get a full dump, the file is 2.3mb

I am currently in contact with my host tech support on this matter

Comment

2.3Mb is very small. Are you sure this is a complete dump of your database? How many messages and members do you have?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

OK guys: What if my host does not allow telnet? How do I restore my testboard SQL database backup to the "live" board then?

Comment

Your host probably allows SSH instead of Telnet (Telnet is very insecure). The commands in SSH are identical to the Telnet ones.
            --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
            Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
            vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by Julio
              OK guys: What if my host does not allow telnet? How do I restore my testboard SQL database backup to the "live" board then?
              ask your host if they have telnet or SSH (secure form of telnet) access for you, if they don't you need to ask your host to do the restore to a newly created database
              :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
              :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
              :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X